Hi Friends,
Well, actually, none of you are reading this yet because I haven't given out my blog address but soon you will be reading.
I was trying to do this DAILY, but I don't think that is going to happen, but...................I will try.
So, the week has been good, still no McDonald's..............which is a HUGE thing for me. I went to a movie over the weekend and had a little popcorn and a Diet Pepsi but I didn't fret, I knew that I would be cleaning house on Saturday so I could work a little bit of that off.
Saturday, I enjoyed a hot dog and diet coke from Sam's Club, felt a tineee guilty but....I did it and that is that.
Saturday night we enjoyed some BBQ'd steak, potatoes, corn on the cob and some fresh pineapple. I will tell you, I did SPLIT the potato with my daughter, YAY me!
Sunday we honored our wonderful Father's and husbands. The kids and I made daddy French toast for breakfast, I did quite well with my portions, I was proud of myself.
Dinner at my mom's was amazing...wonderful ribs and those of you who like sweet potatoes/yams, will be happy to know that in the potatoes that I chunked and baked, I included those orange yummy things, I experimented and it turned out! The dinner was made even more delicious with lots of veggies, fruit. I did not leave my moms hoping to throw up (which has been the case before), I watched what I did and again...yay me.
After our festivities on Sunday, it was back to reality. I knew that I wanted to start ChaLEAN the next day, and as usual, I procrastinated ALL WEEK and didn't have a thing ready. So, needless to say, those of you who know me also know that I freak out at the mention of exercise. I get all worked up thinking about what I have/don't have and then I talk myself out of even starting a program. So......Sunday night, after having my breakdown, having my sweet hubby tell me that I can do this, and getting my shiz together, I did the FIT TEST (Holy Shiz......I am out of shape), measured myself and took my pictures (that I will download as soon as I am able), I DID IT, yes...the little Carrie devil on my shoulder whispered at one time...."forget it, just start next week, you have nothing ready" but I swooshed her off of my shoulder and did it.
I must mention too....my nephew Kade slept over and that was a another reason (in my head) to postpone the inevitable because I didn't want to wake up the kids sleeping in the living room, I didn't want him to see me in my exercise clothes, I was up a lot that night worried about our little dog Sammy bugging Kaders, blah, blah, blah....I could come up with a million excuses not to get up in the morning and do it, but I DID!!!!!
Over all, very good weekend, probably could have drank more water, but I did get quite a bit in so I was happy about that.
Monday: Monday came and down to do ChaLEAN I went. I cried the entire 35 minutes, I felt like I couldn't do an exercise right, I didn't know what weights to use, I pretty much stressed myself out but...I made it through, I felt muscle soreness and I felt good!
When I got to work and weighed with my friend, scale still didn't register, which is VERY frustrating and scary to me, but I WILL NOT let it get me down, I will continue weighing and dammit, it will register someday, right? : (
Tuesday: Today was a different part of the program, a bit tougher but I was more relaxed and paying attention to how I was holding my body and I felt more muscles being used, and I feel great!
One day at a time, my wonderful sister and my friend Jen at work are such great support. I have a LLLOOONNNGGG way to go, and I cannot seem to get that out of my head but, I will say it again, ONE DAY AT A TIME! ChaLEAN says don't say you "might" do the program tomorrow, say that you "will" do the program tomorrow and I WILL!!
Thanks for reading!
Fluffy
Carebear, I am so proud of you. As sure as I know that you are there for me anytime I need encouragement or someone to hear me vent...I am here for you. Good days and bad. I will be following this because it is so inspiring and so real. Jen
ReplyDelete